Disaster!!!

Last week there were hurricane winds in Northern France, and unfortunately our chimney blew over. Luckily there was no-one staying at the house, but we have people booked in for Christmas, and they will be looking forward to an open fire…

Luckily, we have electric heating in all the rooms and can still use the woodburning stove in the kitchen (different chimney), but although we have had the main chimney made safe, we can’t light an open fire until the chimney has been rebuilt, and this can’t be done until January! I’ve contacted next week’s guests and offered them a full refund if they wish to cancel, but they have been fine about it.

I have made sure that there are plenty of candles around the fireplace, to give an illusion of an open fire, and I sent them these photos as reassurance…

Fireplace Woodburner
       Main Fireplace                   Woodburner

Advertisements